When applying products to your lawn and garden, finding the right moisture point is essential to good weed control, and if applying liquid plant foods, the proper dosage is essential to good weed control and good plant growth. A good quality garden sprayer will go a long way to a weed-free and a lush, beautiful garden.
Today we will look at 8 sprayers and concluding with the best battery powered sprayer and the best manual pump garden sprayer.
Chapin Pro Series 4 Gallon Backpack Garden Sprayer-61800
The Chapin Pro Series Back-Pack Sprayer is the choice for both small and large areas. The backpack sprayer has an oversized filter cap to make filling a breeze. This sprayer comes with comfortable shoulder straps and pump handle can be repositioned for left or right-handed users. Hose is reinforced, and adjustable nozzle allows for fine to course spray.
- Review – I have a three-acre yard and this four-gallon capacity sprayer does the trick. This is my second Chain Pro Series sprayer. My first sprayer I have had for two years and use for weeding control. I bought a second sprayer for my plant food solution for my rose garden.
- Overall Rating- 5.0 Stars!
VSE Garden Sprayer on Wheels Battery Operated Pump Home Lawn Fertilizer Weed Killer Pesticide Dolly Cart Pressure Spot Sprayer 12 Volt Rechargeable Battery
This is the sprayer for large yards with 45-gallon PSI and up to one gallon per minute, delivering up to 40 gallons per charge. Updated large 8-inch wheels for better maneuverability. Also comes with battery and charger included.
- Review – This sprayer does the job, and I found it very useful for large yards, especially those large yards needing expansive weed control and I found it also great for fertilizing my large garden. However, after three uses the sprayer just quit spraying after about six months of use. Called factory and they sent me replacement parts. On second set of replacement parts; the first replacement parts quit after three months.
- Overall Rating – 2.5 Stars.
Roundup 190246 Commercial Backpack Sprayer for Professionals Applying Weed Killer and Fertilizer, 4 gallons.
This is a multi-purpose sprayer which can be used for cleaning, sealing, fertilizing and insect-control. Truly an all-purpose sprayer! Shoulder straps are padded for comfort and has adjustable straps, with a waist belt for good shoulder and back support.
- Review – This sprayer works great and it was put to the test with weed-control, insect-control, fertilizing, and even applying plant food solution to my rose garden. Everything works just like the product promised. However, the hand pump handle extends out from the tank and I must be careful not to hit it by accident. I do not why they did not design the handle to be retractable.
- Overall Rating – 3.4 Star
RLF5BP – RL FLOMASTER Portable Battery – Powered Sprayer with Telescoping Wand
This is a great low – priced sprayer offering a capacity of 1.3 gallons This is a good battery-operated sprayer for the small yard at a low price point. Provides a telescoping wand with nozzle adjustments and a comfortable shoulder strap. Just the right size and weight for the small yard.
- Review – Overall, I found this to be a great sprayer for my small yard. I had this sprayer for three years and it is still going strong and cheaper than the manual sprayer it replaced.
- Overall Rating – 5.0 Stars!
Hudson 62063 Bug wiser 2.5 Gallon Sprayer Galvanized Steel
This model is great for chemicals such as weed killer, herbicide killer, poison oak and poison ivy killer and about any strong vegetation you need to get rid of. The tank is chemical – resistant, has a control valve with an in-line filler, and large powerful pump with a hefty, comfortable D handle.
- Review – My yard has a lot of vegetation growing every summer and this sprayer does the job. I have poison ivy, weeds, crab grass, and other weeds to kill every summer on my 5.0-acre lot. This sprayer gets the work done. My only complaint is that the nozzle is plastic, it should have been made of metal for the price point.
- Overall Rating – 3.9 Stars.
Hudson 13854 Never Pump Bak – Pak 4 Gallon Battery Operated Sprayer
This sprayer features 10 hours running time on a single charge and includes an AC charger, so you will not have to buy the charger and battery separately. Offering 4-gallon capacity, and extra-long spray wand, curved, for direct spot spraying, and four spray settings.
- Review – I have a large yard and my wife is a garden buff. She loves the battery power of the sprayer and now enjoys weeding and fertilizing her beautiful garden. I like that is has a four-gallon capacity. I have big diches in my front yard and I do not as tired out spaying as I did with my pump sprayer
- Overall Rating – 5.0 Stars!
B E Pressure 90.710.016 Portable Sprayer, Single Conical Spray Tip, Ergonomic Handle, 16 L
Featuring an Ergonomic Handle, lightweight and easy to use, Handle Action Piston Pump, Single Conical Spray Tip, Direct target spot spray wand, handcart pull design, and no lifting required.
- Review – I have a bad back and I find the handcart pull design less tiresome and does not give me backpain like the other pump type sprayers or the backpack designed sprayer. I have a medium-sized yard and still have energy left after weed killing with this handcart design garden sprayer.
- Overall Rating – 4.9 Rating
Jacto PJB-8c Backpack Sprayer, Blue, Battery – Powered with Charger and Battery Included
A compact, light six pound, over the shoulder, battery powered sprayer. A lithium battery is included with charger, giving the user two hours of run time on a single charge. This sprayer has a diaphragm pump that offers continuous pressure even when the battery charge is slowing down, giving the user consistent pressure always. Also, the stainless-steel wand attaches to the sprayer, neat and out-of-the-way, keeping your nozzle secure and protected.
- Review – This is my second battery powered sprayer and I truly say, I am totally satisfied. I had battery powered sprayer in the past, and as soon as the batteries started depleting the spray pressure went down with the depleting battery source. Not so with this sprayer, my pressure is consistent all the way to end my weed killing. A little more expensive, but well worth the price!
- Overall Rating – 5.1 Stars